It is with a heavy heart that we share with you the news that Kuly from RDB passed away earlier today. We do not know the details as of yet, but will let you all know as soon as we know.
Manj, Kuly, and Surj of RDB
Kuly was one of the three main members of the supergroup RDB (Rhythm Dhol Bass) that was comprised of Kuly with his two brothers Surj and Manj. The trio, based in the UK, produced bhangra music with a catchy modern edge.
In 2003, RDB won “Best Club DJ Bhangra” at the UK Asian Music Awards. Since then, there was no turning back. The trio produced several chart-topping Bollywood numbers including:
* “Rafta Rafta” – Namastey London
* “Aloo Chaat” ft. Nindy Kaur AND “Boliyan Giddha” ft. Nindy Kaur – both from Aloo Chaat
* “Om Mangalam” – Kambakkht Ishq
* “Paisa Paisa” – De Dana Dan
* “Yamla Pagla Deewana” – Yamla Pagla Deewana
* “Sadi Gali” – Tanu Weds Manu
* and several other hit singles
Kuly will surely be missed! Please join us in passing your condolences to the group.
R.I.P. Kuly… you were truly a Bhangra pioneer!